How to take care of your retainer
- Wear your retainer at all times, including eating and sleeping unless otherwise directed.
- Don’t leave your retainer lying around the house. Dogs and cats love to eat them.
- Don’t place your retainer on a napkin – you could mistakenly throw it away.
- NEVER place in boiling or hot water.
- Avoid flipping or playing with your retainer with your tongue.
- Take your retainer out and brush your teeth after each meal.
- If you can’t brush, remove your retainer and rinse thoroughly before replacing it.
- Don’t wear your retainer when swimming in a lake, pond, or ocean.
- Keep your retainer clean by brushing the plastic with a toothbrush and tooth paste.
- When you receive your clear retainer, wear it continously for 48 hours, except for eating and brushing. After the initial 48 hours, you need to wear it every night. Follow same directions as other retainer, EXCEPT:
- You can use a nail file to smooth off any sharp edges
- Use a Q-tip with toothpaste to clean your clear retainer. A toothbrush can scratch the clear plastic surface.